Beekeeper for a day in Nafplio
“If the bee disappeared off the surface of the globe then man would only have four years of life left. No more bees, no more pollination, no more plants, no more animals, no more man.” Albert Einstein
In this beekeeper activity, we learn all the secrets of beekeeping and we are astonished by the well-structured bee society. We visit a traditional honey production unit, and we are wielded by the well-structured bee society.
We safely meet and admire the magical world of the bees in their natural environment and finally we taste unique Greek varieties of honey.
Duration: 1,5-2 hours
· The entrance to the beekeeping workshop
· The sweet and honey tasting
· Expert English speaking Beekeeper
· All road transfers
· Pick up / drop off from Nafplio
· Liability insurance
· All taxes
· Pick up / drop off out of Nafplio
We pick you up from our meeting point and we visit a small traditional beekeeping unit just outside Nafplio. We meet our local English speaking beekeeper who introduces us to the magical world of bees and beekeeping. After a small theoretical briefing we wear the necessary protective uniforms and we hike in the natural environment of bees, where our lungs fill up with spectacular smells from the surroundings flowers
The beekeeper introduces us to the art of beekeeping and bees’ society. He shows us the queen of the beehive and how the worker bees follow its orders while the drones (male bees) “do nothing”. We see how the bees collect pollen form flowers and convert it to fresh honey, storing it inside the beehive.
After this unique experience we taste delicious varieties of honey and Greek traditional sweets with pure Greek honey as the main ingredient.
Then we take the road back for our departure point.
· Learn all the secrets of honey
· Taste unique local honey varieties
· Taste local sweets based on honey
· Wear the protective beekeeping uniform and wander the natural environment of bees
· Meet the queen of a bee and admire the bees society
· Family friendly
Meeting point: Pick up from your hotel or a specified spot in Nafplio
· Comfortable closed-type shoes, not sandals
· Light-colored clothes, long cotton pants
· Weather will not affect the operation of the tour. However if canceled due to unfavorable weather conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
· Children must be accompanied by an adult
· Not recommended activity for children under 9 years old
· Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking